The Lead Technician is primarily responsible for the assembly, installation, custom programming, and higher-level service/repair support on assigned residential electronic infrastructure and integration projects. The Lead Technician manages day-to-day production and tasks on the job site per the Project Manager’s (PM) direction. The Lead Technician serves as an onsite backup to the PM for relaying relevant information, interacting with general contractors, other trades, and clients and/or client representatives. Lead technicians direct the work of other technicians and communicate daily information to others within the company including PMs, Designers and Programmers so that these positions can better prepare and plan success for the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - (Include but are not limited to):
- Communicate with the PM regarding project deadlines and goals for the day and week.
- Complete daily paperwork including time tracking, inventory returned documentation, and upload photos, changes to PM daily.
- Perform installations and direct the work of technicians and apprentices on the day’s tasks to ensure they are completed correctly.
- Coordinate with General Contractors and other trades on-site to ensure our infrastructure and equipment will work with the sub systems and not interfere with their scope. Relay any and all discrepancies to PM.
- Coordinate with General Contractor as needed to maintain project schedules.
- Coordinate with Client and/or representatives during various phases of the project to ensure the project is meeting expectations and relay any discrepancies to the PM.
- Coordinate with utilities to ensure service is satisfactory and functional.
- Complete assigned tasks with efficiency while following installation standards and safety practices and maintaining quality assurance standards.
- Participate in ongoing training and research and development efforts for the company.
- Conduct on-site advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, programming updates.
- Take accountability to close out the final 2-5% of the project.
- Provide client training and technical support where necessary.
- Commission newly installed systems.
- Thoroughly test all systems to confirm proper functionality & completion.
- Confirm all documentation is completed and accurate.
- 5+ years as an Install Technician in custom high-end residential Audio Video systems.
- Above average understanding of electronic systems including automation, lighting, digital video distribution systems, distributed audio systems, & integration of other sub systems.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and engage in active discussion regarding engineering drawings and specification sheets.
- Proficient with hand power tools used to complete physical installations of speakers, displays, equipment racks and ventilation system.
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting 80 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently, and/or lead and direct the work of others.
- Required Certifications: Savant Fundamentals with BluePrint, Parasol Pioneer Program, Control 4 Associate Installer, Savant Troubleshooting Control 4 Automation Programmer, Control 4/SnapAV PCNA
In order to submit your application, please send your resume to .